LOVE WORN: STORIES OF (DENIM) LOVE

Everyone likes a good love story and as far as we’re concerned, true love lasts as long as well-made denim (i.e. forever). In the spiri...


Everyone likes a good love story and as far as we’re concerned, true love lasts as long as well-made denim (i.e. forever). In the spirit of wearable romance, we asked a few of our own to share what jeans get them crushing hard.




What’s your type? 
My type is a very high-rise, straight leg that’s cropped at the ankle. Love to show a little ankle.

What do you look for in a perfect pair of jeans?  
My perfect pair of jeans has a mid to dark blue wash with the right amount of distressing. Enough to look worn in and relaxed but not like I prepped with a weed wacker.

Your #1 denim deal breaker? 
Ultra low-rise and/or extreme whiskering. I’m not J.Lo.
                                                                                                            
Describe your first crush: 
My first denim crush was in fifth grade but it wasn’t a pair of jeans. It was a denim jacket with pink seaming on the inside. I had gotten it to complement my new bobbed haircut at the time. I remember wearing it over my plaid school jumper the first day back after my fresh cut and feeling like a million bucks.

Which bygone denim trend would you rekindle?
The image of Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake in matching denim ensembles on the red carpet should never stop trending because we should never forget.

What’s something that only you & your jeans know?
White denim is my nemesis. If I’m wearing them, I will, inadvertently, sit on a chocolate bar.

What’s your current main squeeze?
My current flavor of the month is the Jackie Cropped Flare in Carver. Love the jet-black wash. It doesn’t fade and is super easy to dress up or down—I try not to wear them every day!




What’s your type? 
I like my jeans slim and well worn. Like a fine wine, jeans only get better with age.   

What do you look for in a perfect pair of jeans?  
I wouldn’t say I have a “type,” but sometimes you just know the second you put them on that it was meant to be.

Your #1 denim deal breaker? 
Distressing on my calves. Jeans just don’t wear there.

Describe your first crush: 
In 2001, I fell in love with Dior Homme. It was the first time I had ever seen skinny jeans for men. They came in amazing dark blue, raw denim. We were together until they finally fell apart—despite all my efforts to repair and care for them.

Which bygone denim trend would you rekindle?
I think for men’s trends, especially, it’s best to let sleeping dogs lie. Otherwise, we may end up with Dane Cook being a style icon again (and that’s good for no one).

What’s something that only you & your jeans know?
There’s no such thing as too many beach days and that it’s always the best place to wash your favorite pair.

What’s your current main squeeze?
The sateen Russell in Pool. It’s the perfect pair of non-denim for handsome weekends around Brooklyn.




What’s your type?  
Vintage all the way!

What do you look for in a perfect pair of jeans?  
A nice, worn-in wash and a fit that accentuates my booty.

Your #1 denim deal breaker? 
My #1 deal breaker is recreated vintage washes that look mechanically done and unnatural.

Describe your first crush: 
My first crush was more of a long-term relationship with a pair of vintage jeans. They conformed to me in all the right places and I eventually repaired all of the holes myself. Fun fact: I wear them to this day.

Which bygone denim trend would you rekindle?  
I know really tinted, crosshatch washes went out of style but I’ve been vibing them recently.

What’s something that only you & your jeans know? 
Our little secret is the amount of times they have (or haven’t) been washed—only me and my jeans will know! ;)

What’s your current main squeeze? My fave (I'm actually wearing it right now) is the Goldie High-Rise Tapered in Plunge. It has a great retro fit and amazing light wash.




What’s your type? 
Relaxed skinnies in washed black for workdays. High-rise straight legs in a natural wash for weekends. 

What do you look for in a perfect pair of jeans?  
They would be jeans that you can live in all day without losing their shape. 

Your #1 denim deal breaker? 
1. No retention
2. Anything less than 9oz. denim (aka no lightweight denim!).  

Describe your first crush:
A vintage pair of dark rinse denim that I had back in high school, which is still living in my drawer. 

Which bygone denim trend would you rekindle? 
I would love to have relaxed slouchy jeans that sit at the natural waist to come back. I miss that effortless, easy look. 

What’s something that only you & your jeans know?
It’s a secret that can’t be shared ;)

What’s your current main squeeze?
The Patti High-Rise Straight in Fallen. I love how it has a subtle wash with nice highs and lows and fits right in with my all-black, NYC winter wardrobe.



Ready to start your own romance? Shop our new arrivals.

You Might Also Like